Alan Murray Partner, Tax
Alan joined the firm in 2006 and became a Partner in 2013.
Alan has over 15 years’ experience dealing with high level Private Client tax issues. His particular areas of expertise are residence planning issues, dealing with non-Irish domiciled clients and Irish tax resident beneficiaries of non-Irish based trusts. Alan also has significant experience in dealing with capital gains tax planning and for high level inheritance and gift tax planning. Alan has also written on various Private Client Topics for industry specific publications and for the national media and has given lectures to various business organisations on tax matters as they pertain to private clients.
Alan also leads the Mazars entertainment practice that act as trusted business advisers to global international high profile entertainers, indigenous performers based in the Irish market and overseas, TV personalities, comedians and actors. The entertainment practice specialises in gaining an in-depth understanding of our clients business and personal affairs from both a financial and tax perspective. Alan uses his experience and technical knowledge to help clients understand and manage their tax and financial obligations.
Want to know more?
Pages associated to Alan Murray
- Do you need to submit an Income Tax/Capital Gains Tax return?
- Offshore Funds – What are you investing in?
- Tax relief available for transfer of site to child
- Crypto-assets – Where are they located for tax purposes?
- Gift tax legislation changes postponed
- Tax planning tips to bear in mind
- 9 pre-year-end personal tax tips
- Local Property Tax
- Reporting requirement on offshore assets
- The 2021 Income Tax Deadline is 31 October
- Recent tax appeals commission ruling
- Potential future inheritance tax changes
- Relationship breakup
- Significant tax appeals commission ruling
- Tax newsletters
- Budget 2023 report