Developing international corporate structures that have an efficient but appropriate tax treatment is becoming increasingly complex. Worldwide changes are being triggered by the OECD’s Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) initiative. In addition, national tax policies are changing at an accelerating rate as governments try and repair national budgets damaged by Covid-19, use tax as a trade weapon, or capture the revenues from digital businesses.
In this fast-changing environment, we believe in a risk-averse, long-term and sustainable approach to developing corporate structures, rather than being forced to respond to each new piece of legislation or tax court ruling.
Our global team is tracking local tax issues in advance, including disruptive tax events such as Brexit. This international presence makes Mazars ideally placed to serve both larger corporations and mid-sized firms undergoing their first international expansion. In addition, Mazars supports international groups to resolve their tax issues triggered by the OECD BEPS initiative and the EU-Anti Tax Avoidance Directive (ATAD).
We also offer advice on tax-efficient structures during cross-border acquisitions and disposals, and strategic assistance during international tax field audits.
- Strategic advice on tax-efficient yet appropriate and sustainable corporate structures;
- Advice tailored to sectors with specific topics
- Tax risk assessment and mitigation
- Outsourced assistance on filing
- Tax advice in tax field audits including joint tax audits and the OECD’s International Compliance Assurance Program (ICAP)
- Assistance at tax courts
- Cloud-based tools such as our unique DAC6 reporting system
- Assistance in meeting statutory corporation tax payment and return filing obligations
- Managing the impact of a tax inquiry or investigation with the Irish Revenue Commissioners
- Advice and assistance on setting up a new business
- Advising owner-managed business
- Company acquisitions and disposals
- Due diligence
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- Tax planning for group structures
- Maximising tax relief, research and development
- Tax efficient profit extraction arrangements e.g. dividend planning
- Advising on tax implications of IFRS
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Share schemes
- Patent royalties