Olive Gaughan Director & Head of Actuarial Services
Olive Gaughan is director of life actuarial services within Mazars.
Olive has over 20 years of experience in the life insurance sector in Ireland, having operated in a broad range of actuarial roles for a number of domestic and cross-border life insurance companies including Bank of Ireland Life, Canada Life, Aviva Life & Health and Prudential International Assurance.
Prior to joining Mazars, Olive acted as appointed actuary, and subsequently Head of Actuarial Function (HoAF), for a leading cross-border insurer, with ultimate responsibility for leading the delivery of the actuarial function requirements as set out in the Solvency II regulations, together with leading the delivery of IFRS and EV reporting, assessment of strategic initiatives and capital optimisation. She simultaneously held the PCF role “Head of Underwriting”.
Olive was heavily involved in the implementation of IFRS4 Phase I in the 2000’s, and in the implementation of Solvency II in an internal model company between 2009 and 2016. She has been involved in numerous strategic projects including the demutualisation of a large mutual, due diligence exercises, branch application and portfolio transfer, VIF capitalisation projects, capital management and optimisation initiatives, assessment of business strategy proposals, reinsurance review, etc. She has also delivered training on technical financial reporting and solvency topics for different audiences and at Board level.
Olive is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland, and actively participates in working groups and sub-committees of that society. She is also a Fellow of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries in the UK.
Want to know more?
Pages associated to Olive Gaughan
- Pre-emptive recovery planning - 2022 Industry benchmarking survey report
- Climate and sustainability considerations for UK insurers
- Pre-emptive recovery planning for insurers
- Outsourced head of actuarial function and outsourced actuarial function
- Independent actuary services - Portfolio transfers
- Reviewing actuary
- Women in leadership - Olive Gaughan, Actuarial Director
- Insurance regulation newsletter - Issue 4
- Insurance regulation newsletter - Issue 3
- Insurance regulation newsletter - Issue 2
- Insurance regulation newsletter - Issue 1
- Insurance regulation newsletter
- ESG & risk frameworks for insurance undertakings – Ten steps for success
- IFRS 17 – Insurance contracts: get ready
- The future of Management Information and Key Performance Indicators under IFRS17