Publications and newsletters related to banking and finance. Please contact our team with any...
The banking sector is currently undergoing some of the most significant changes in its history. Recent events are creating market conditions in which financial institutions will have to focus on both fundamental balance sheet management and innovative approaches to capturing funding and realising profitability.
An already complex regulatory environment will almost certainly become more demanding of market participants.
We understand the key challenges that you are facing:
- Regulatory reforms and issues
- Globalisation, new technologies and business model changes
- A post-financial crisis context: combining, restructuring, monitoring and valuation
Our banking practice is led by a dedicated team of former regulators, industry executives and senior professionals with a wealth of knowledge and practical experience.
We assist global banks, regulators, central banks and government agencies navigate the web of regulatory, economic and political challenges currently facing our industry. Whilst we may not be able to predict what the future holds, we can ensure that the decisions you make are robust and deliver lasting results to you and your stakeholders.
Our core service offering comprises:
Audit & Assurance
- Statutory audit
- Internal audit (Outsourcing / Co-sourcing)
- Contractual audit and asset monitoring
- Verification and Calculation Agent services
- Financial standards: regulatory and accounting compliance
- Outsourced secondments
Succeeding in Financial Operations
- Financial advisory services: transaction advisory services, project finance & modelling, forensic & investigation services
- Tax: M&A transaction, negotiation & mediation, corporate structures, tax advisory services, business tax compliance, transfer pricing services
Assessing Risk & Opportunities
- Consulting: business & commercial strategy, product development, corporate performance improvement, operational monitoring & controlling, IT security and data management, governance and risk management, finance efficiency, trustee, risk mapping, PMO and projects, governance, third-party audit, data analysis, and IT security
- Actuarial services: financial quantitative services and valuation financial instruments, risk assessment and management, statistics and modelling
Regulation & Restructuring
- GDPR Compliance
- Tax: international and corporate tax, tax advisory services, FATCA, corporate structure
- Bank restructuring: regulatory capital optimisation, data validation
- Monitoring Trustee
- Asset Quality review: Non-Performing Loan Reviews
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML/OFAC)
- Cyber Security and Information Technology Control
- Governance / Enterprise Risk Management
- Consumer Compliance Regulations
- Audit Committee Advisory and Training
Want to know more?
Audit & Assurance
Mazars understands the true value that thorough and objective audit and assurance services can bring to a company. Our audit approach places significant emphasis on providing you with the necessary assurance in the right format and on time.
Mazars consulting is a specialist unit within the Mazars group with an expertise spanning a wide range of areas We operate globally and thus have close links with our international counterparts frequently liaising with them on assignments.
Governance, Risk & Internal Control
The Mazars risk management and governance team will provide you with specialist advice to provide you with greater assurance over the management of organisational risks.
In providing tailored solutions to the individual needs of our clients, Mazars tax examine and offer a comprehensive range of tax services to national and international clients with a particular emphasis on helping them to structure their businesses and financial affairs tax efficiently.