The social and economic well being of Ireland depends on its citizens being highly educated. Our goal of a knowledge society is reflected in the recently increased education participation rates and in the advancement of our knowledge and innovation capacity.
Managing the growth and development of the Irish higher educational system in a way that improves access, enhances quality and boosts value for money poses a significant challenge to both the Irish state and individual institutions. Ireland needs to develop a sustainable financial model capable of responding to growing student numbers and improving the quality of teaching & learning and research outputs and supporting the development of industry and the community.
Many higher education senior management teams and governing bodies are struggling to find answers to questions such as:
- How to develop and provide quality outputs within the constraints of current and future higher education funding levels, models and in many cases an ageing estate.
- How to deliver both to the Government and to the student in terms of the National Strategy for Higher Education
- How to develop and balance their teaching and learning, research and engagement missions
- How to ensure good governance, oversight and compliance
Mazars is one of the few firms operating in the Irish and UK markets to employ a dedicated team of higher education specialists, the majority of whom have been supporting Irish and international institutions and education sectoral and funding bodies for in excess of 15 years. Our team includes former leaders of higher education institutions/bodies together with chartered accountants, internal and external auditors, university tax and VAT specialists, business consultants, governance and risk consultants and specialist university system advisors.
In drawing from our specialist team and wide experience we can support you across the following areas:
- Strategy & Planning
- Resource Allocation
- Internal Audit
- Value for Money (VfM) Reviews
- Tax Planning
- Project Appraisals
- Risk Management
- Organisational Reviews
- External Audit
- IT/Security Audit
- Operational Reviews
- Support in the Preparation of Funding Applications
- Cost benefit analysis
- Economic and financial appraisal of capital and infrastructure projects