Public Private Partnerships & Infrastructure Projects
As Public Private Partnerships activity expands across Europe, this business sector requires specialised local expertise and knowledge. Mazars has integrated its in-country teams into one European project finance team. The team will draw upon experience and expertise wherever it sits to create advisory teams best aligned to client requirements.
Mazars core team professionals working on Public Private Partnerships and concessions are based in our offices in London, Paris, Frankfurt and Dublin. This dedicated team is supported by technical accounting and tax advisers drawn from the offices of the Mazars group. Mazars are currently engaged on projects in Health, Education, Transport, Emergency services, Housing, Waste and Leisure sectors.
In working closely with clients and our Project Finance team, Mazars tax team provides tax advice in relation to all of the tax issues arising to large national and international clients engaged on public sector contracts. This includes detailed advice on structuring and financing the appropriate investment vehicle for clients, many of whom are involved both as investors in Special Purpose Companies and as contractors engaged on significant contracts.
Some tax advice could include:
- Structuring Irish Special Purpose Vehicles to optimise tax and financing for overseas investors
- Establishment of activities through a limited company, JV structure or as a branch
- Co-ordinating tax planning in contractors’ country of residence
- Obtaining tax registrations
- Providing tax input into PPP financial models
- Support and management of corporate tax compliance to meet statutory tax reporting requirements
- Review of accounting systems from a tax compliance perspective with a view to identifying potential areas of tax reporting risk and recommending change where appropriate
- Advice in relation to VAT planning and reporting with emphasis on compliance and risk minimisation
- Advice on the issues arising with regard to relevant contracts tax and professional services withholding tax
- Advice in relation to the tax issues on the secondment of overseas nationals to the Irish entities and the related issues arising in relation to visa requirements, national and social insurance issues etc
- Advice in relation to profit repatriation
- Assistance with Tax Risk Management Strategy