Ten years after the financial crisis many banks in Ireland and Europe have made substantial progress in relation to governance and capital with significant changes in the regulatory and supervisory framework. This year’s conference entitled, ‘The Future Supervisory Landscape’ explores the continuing transformation of the supervisory and regulatory framework for financial institutions in Europe and internationally.
While work on regulatory changes has continued to develop with the finalisation of Basel III at the end of 2017 and significant progress being made at the EU level on the risk reduction package, regulatory and supervisory issues will remain an ongoing matter for the banking sector in 2019.
At this conference you will hear from expert speakers from the European Central Bank, Single Resolution Board (SRB), Mazars and Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) among others on the latest regulatory issues including CRD V/CRR II, Basel III finalisation and implementation in the EU, priorities for the SSM and the SRB in 2019 as well as domestic regulatory and supervisory expectations from the CBI.
Speakers confirmed to date include:
- Sabine Lautenschläger, Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank
- Elke König, Chair, Single Resolution Board
- Ed Sibley, Deputy Governor, Prudential Regulation, Central Bank of Ireland
- Pauline Pelissier, Senior Manager – Risk Advisory -Mazars UK
- Klaus Wiedner, Head of Unit D1 DG FISMA on Bank regulation, European Commission
For more information, please visit https://www.bpfi.ie/event/risk-management-supervisory-conference/