The successful candidate will primarily be involved in transaction services work, including buy-side and sell-side due diligence reviews and related services. Mazars has built up a strong reputation in this area, with an expanding and diverse client base. An increasing portion of assignments are international in nature owing to strong relationships across the global Mazars network. Our clients and business referrers typically include private equity houses, alternative/direct lenders, corporate finance houses, banks and private trading businesses.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Partners with responsibility for Financial Advisory Services.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Lead financial advisory assignments, with a primary focus on transaction services
- Delegate and manage the workflow to direct reports
- Interact directly with clients and target businesses in the delivery of projects
- Possess strong communication skills, particularly regarding written reports and presentations
- Manage relationships with clients and other business contacts and maintain focus on business development opportunities
- Work to deadlines and within budgets on projects
- Experience of working in a transaction-based environment, with transaction services experience preferential
- Strong business analysis and general analytical skills
- Keen understanding of key transaction considerations, and ability to identify key issues potentially impacting transactions
- Experience in robustly challenging financial and non-financial aspects of businesses
- Ability to undertake sector-based research and form a view as to risks and opportunities for a business operating in the sector
- Strong report writing abilities
- Exceptional Excel and financial modelling skills
- Strong people management experience - Ability to manage and motivate teams
- Qualified accountant with experience in a medium / large practice environment, recent post qualification experience in the relevant area is a must
- A self-confident individual with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities
- A keen interest in business is essential
Please email your CV to email@example.com with the Reference Number: 18-43 in the subject heading.
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Recruitment Agents: We do not accept unsolicited CVs. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.