Mazars wishes to expand the team to provide actuarial services to both existing and new client assignments. We are seeking to expand the range of our services and to harness technology in an effective way as we grow our business.
The firm is seeking a talented and ambitious graduate to help grow the actuarial division. The individual will work within a rapidly expanding team primarily serving the non-life insurance industry. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience of a variety of actuarial work across a diverse range of clients and to work closely with experienced mentors in the actuarial and audit fields. Depending on project demands, there may be occasional opportunities for travel within Europe.
The Trainee Actuary will step into a varied and fast paced role. Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Supporting the Audit & Assurance team on a range of actuarial external and internal audit programs by:
- Assisting with the audit planning, by gaining an understanding of the client and identifying the key risks;
- Performing technical procedures and investigations on the valuation of technical provisions;
- Documenting the results of the fieldwork and communicating them to the team;
- Identifying issues and suggesting recommendations for improvements to business processes; and
- Liaising with client contacts on a regular basis throughout the audit.
- Supporting the Actuarial team on advisory projects for clients on a range of topics such as:
- Actuarial Peer Review
- Underwriting, Pricing and Product Development
- Capital Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Cross-Border portfolios
- Process improvement
- Delivering advice and solutions to clients for regulatory changes, such as IFRS 17 implementation
- Carrying out detailed industry research on various hot topics
- Assisting in the preparation for new business proposals and pitches
Skills and Experience required
To be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum 2.1 honours degree in Maths/Statistics/Financial Maths/Engineering/Actuarial Science/Quantitative Finance or related mathematical degree
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn and to take responsibility
- Some commercial experience of working in an actuarial setting
This is a unique opportunity to join the early stages of a fast-growing actuarial practice with one of Ireland’s most successful professional services organisations.
The successful candidate will be supported by the Mazars Actuarial Study Support package, to assist in their route through the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries Fellowship examinations.
To apply for this position please email your CV to RECRUITMENT@MAZARS.IE
with the reference number 19-25 in the subject heading.
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.