The Mazars actuarial team provides a range of actuarial services, across audit and consulting engagements, to domestic and international players both within Ireland and, collectively with sister Mazars teams globally, across numerous jurisdictions. Mazars wishes to expand the team to provide actuarial services to both existing and new client assignments. We are seeking to expand the range of our services and to harness technology in an effective way as we grow our business.
The firm is seeking a talented and ambitious life actuary to support the growth of the actuarial division. The individual will work within a rapidly expanding team primarily serving the life insurance industry. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience of a variety of actuarial work across a diverse range of clients and to work closely with experienced mentors in the actuarial and audit fields. Depending on project demands, there may be occasional opportunities for travel within Europe.
The Life Actuary will step into a varied and fast paced role. Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Supporting the Audit & Assurance team on external audit engagements by:
- Managing & Delivering actuarial specialist work on the audits of financial statements and SFCRs
- Designing, developing and implementing solutions (processes and tools) to deliver efficient audits
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders – clients, audit partner, audit team, actuarial director
- Liaising with Mazars technical experts in Ireland and globally as required to deliver smooth and efficient audits and client experiences
- Supporting the Actuarial team on actuarial consulting / advisory projects for clients on a broad range of topics including:
- Actuarial Peer Review and Reviewing Actuary engagements
- Outsourced Actuarial Function and Internal Audit programs
- Implementation of regulatory change projects – e.g. IFRS17
- Underwriting, Pricing and Product Development engagements
- Process improvement and automation
- Risk Management – e.g. ORSA and Risk reviews, ERM engagements
- Capital Management projects
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Portfolio transfers & Branch applications
- Business Development activity including
- Development of relationships
- Become a subject matter expert on topics; writing articles and presenting at conferences on these topics
- Preparation of new business proposals and responses to RFPs
- Participation in pitches with prospective clients
Skills and Experience required
To be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a qualified actuary with at least 5 years of work experience
- The audit of life (re)insurance entities; and/or
- A financial reporting or Solvency II role within a life insurance entity
- Be knowledgeable on the life insurance industry in Ireland/Europe and the main issues facing companies in the sector
- Be a self-starter who can work independently as well as within a team
- Enjoy learning and taking on new challenges
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
This is a unique opportunity to:
- Join the early stages of a fast-growing actuarial practice with one of Ireland’s most successful professional services organisations
- Work with, and be mentored by, very experienced actuaries
- Get invaluable experience of a wide range of actuarial topics/roles/disciplines
- See your strengths and interests having a key influence on the development of a business
To apply for this position please email your CV to RECRUITMENT@MAZARS.IE
with the reference number 19-27 in the subject heading.
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.