We wish to appoint a number of Privacy Consultants at consultant level in our Consulting Division. The candidates will work with a team that delivers a range of privacy and data protection consulting services, the role will include working on client sites as part of our outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO) service, delivering data protection impact assessments, legitimate interest assessments and other General Data Protection Regulation advisory services, Outsourced DPO service. This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a rapidly growing area in professional services. The successful candidates will be part of a strong privacy consulting team working in a dynamic and ever-changing technical environment.
It represents an excellent opportunity for individuals with previous consulting experience, or individuals who have worked in a Data Protection or Privacy Compliance role and would like the challenge of transitioning to a consulting role.
The responsibilities and key requirements will be reflective of the level of experience of candidates.
- Simultaneously working with multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Providing advice to clients on data protection, GDPR compliance and other privacy related matters
- Supporting all aspects of client engagement from scope definition to delivery
- Conducting scoping meetings and developing tailored solution project plans for clients
- Oversight of fieldwork including management, guidance and review of junior staff
- Drafting plans and reports including proposed solutions and recommendations
- Conducting day to day DPO activities to support the accountability principle
- Concisely summarise the results of analysis undertaken (verbal and written)
- Contribute to the management of client engagement using project management skills
- Identify challenges, risks, problems and opportunities
- Liaise and maintain contact with staff at all levels of client organisations
- Contributing to the development and training of staff
- Contributing to the continued development of the privacy consultancy
- Support business development, including preparation of proposals and tender responses
We are looking for candidates that meet most of the below requirements of have the desire and ability to address any of the requirements that they do not currently meet
- Demonstrable strong ability to engage with clients and communicate practically and clearly
- Ability to analyse complex information and identify key and relevant points, including communicating in a relevant and easy to understand manner.
- Understanding of data protection law and regulation and how to apply it within the business.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in providing privacy advice, consultancy or delivering solutions, either within a large organisation or to a variety of smaller organisations; or
- Experience working in a data protection or privacy compliance role, including compliance with privacy legislation or relevant professional services experience; or
- Experience in IT Security / Technology with an awareness and interest in Privacy and GDPR
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven success in team management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must multitask and have experience in project management
- Strong business development skills
- Broad knowledge of information security, risk management and corporate governance.
- Ability to manage client relationships.
- Good personal organisation, self-motivation and project management skills.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the reference number 19-24 in the subject heading.
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.