Insurance Audit Senior/Semi Senior - Dublin
Reference Number: 19-8
Are you are looking to build your career in audit, fast track your future progression and maintain a healthy work life balance? If you are highly motivated, talented and looking to move to an ambitious & rapidly growing team then what are you waiting for? Get in touch with our Recruitment team today.
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to lead an exciting portfolio of insurance clients, interacting directly with the managers and partners of the team. Our clients, which include some of the largest insurance groups in Europe and globally will provide an environment for an individual to challenge and develop themselves both technically and professionally.
We wish to appoint a Qualified Audit Senior in our Audit & Assurance Financial Services Department. The position will offer you excellent advancement opportunities working with a diverse range of high-profile Insurance Clients. You will work closely with our international colleagues on cross border assignments and build close working relationships with the senior management team and partners. You will play an active role in the ongoing development of our financial services division.
- Responsibility for a portfolio of financial services audit clients
- Work closely with the senior management team in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Planning of audit assignments, transition from previous auditors and onboarding of new clients, design and implementation of audit strategy, staffing
- Co-ordination/lead of the execution of the strategy at the audit fieldwork stage ensuring efficient and high-quality delivery of audit services
- Compliance with the Mazars audit methodology, with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Work to deadlines and within budgets
- Advising on financial reporting and other technical report matters
- Involvement in firm / department development and marketing and recruitment initiatives
- Contribution to learning & development and coaching of other less experienced staff
- Participation in the delivery of internal training courses
- Qualified/Part Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA) with experience in a Big 4/Top 10 practice environment
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of key accounting frameworks including FRS 102 / 103, IFRS with a working knowledge of US GAAP a distinct advantage
- Previous experience in the performance of internal audits for insurers
- Demonstrates strong initiative and ability to operate with limited supervision
- Excellent team player and possess the ability to coach junior staff members
- Strong communication skills: orally and written, with a particular focus on business reporting style
- Good computer literacy: MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experienced in the application of audit-based computer systems
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number 19-8
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Recruitment Agents: We do not accept unsolicited CVs. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.