Director of Financial Reporting Advisory - Dublin
Reference Number: 19-14
Mazars are one of the foremost financial services audit and assurance practices and this is demonstrated by the significant number of public interest mandates transitioned to date and upcoming new engagements.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial reporting and technical accounting support across various Mazars business units and externally to clients, specifically focusing on the financial services sector.
In addition to providing internal support to our FS teams, this role will also drive external opportunities by winning and delivering financial reporting advisory projects, and ensuring advice provided to clients is of a high quality.
This role will strengthen the financial reporting offering within our financial services team and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of delivery of both IFRS and Irish GAAP technical services to our clients.
This role offers flexible hours/work from home options and will be discussed during the recruitment process.
This role will encompass:
- Responding to internal technical queries from the financial services audit and assurance team;
- Leading financial services financial reporting advisory projects by winning and delivering client advisory projects;
- Active involvement in financial services business development activities to identify new business opportunities;
- Financial management of clients/projects;
- Reviewing financial statements for compliance with Financial Reporting requirements;
- Training and developing junior team members; and
- Supporting the wider audit and assurance team on other accounting technical matters.
This person will have experience of working at a Senior Manager/Director level within a financial services department in a professional services firm, or have an appropriate technical background working at a senior level within the banking or insurance industry.
This person will be required to have the following key skills:
- Detailed knowledge of the relevant accounting standards impacting the financial services sector
- Proven track record of establishing and developing client relationships;
- Proven track record of managing and delivering client projects;
- The ability to prioritise and organise work, with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially report writing skills;
- Professional and proactive approach to work;
- Works well with others in the team, maintaining high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development;
- Delivers work to deadlines and keeps relevant parties informed; and
- Experience managing and coaching junior team members.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number 19-14
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.