Director of Audit Quality - Dublin
Reference Number: 19-11
Mazars is one of the foremost financial services audit and assurance practices and this is demonstrated by the significant number of public interest mandates transitioned to date and upcoming new engagements.
Due to our ethos of best practice audit quality and the volume of growth of high-profile clients in our financial services audit client portfolio, including our further ambitious growth plans, we wish to appoint a Director with responsibility for monitoring and enhancing our audit quality initiatives and activities.
This person will be involved in supporting risk management and audit methodology in line with best practice and support us in achieving Mazars core value of providing second to none Client experience through high quality audit assurance.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility of providing real time assurance reviews of in progress audits and will be working with the wider team to enhance our audit quality framework.
This role offers flexible hours/work from home options and will be discussed during the recruitment process.
- Addressing enquiries and consultations from audit engagement teams on audit methodology and risk management matters
- Continuous development of industry and audit technical knowledge and awareness of relevant changes within the industry ensuring the wider team is alerted on a timely basis to matters concerning risk management or audit methodology
- Working closely with our international colleagues in the areas of quality, risk and methodology
- Planning and completion of real-time assurance reviews with a focus on our portfolio of public interest entity audit clients
- Identify appropriate resolution plans and guidance to address any identified areas of for non-compliance
- Follow up to ensure recommendations have been actioned
- Liaise with Audit department head on results of quality assurance reviews
- Supporting our audit teams during internal and external audit inspections
- Support and facilitate audit technical training and audit quality information briefings/forums to audit staff, management and partners
- Ongoing communication with risk and quality personnel
- Keep up to date with technical developments that may impact our clients or methodology
- ACA or similar relevant accountancy qualification with at least 5 years post qual experience
- Strong audit technical knowledge
- Recent practical audit experience in a senior management position in a financial services audit environment.
- Strong communication skills
- High regard for quality and attention to detail
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number 19-11
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Recruitment Agents: We do not accept unsolicited CVs. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.