Banking Audit Senior, Financial Services - Dublin
Reference Number: 19-9
Are you are looking to build your career in audit, fast track your future progression and maintain a healthy work life balance? If you are highly motivated, talented and looking to move to an ambitious & rapidly growing team then what are you waiting for? Get in touch with our Recruitment team today.
The Mazars financial services audit and assurance team is undergoing a period of significant growth. We offer opportunities for progression, a bespoke learning and development programme and a collaborative environment. The team is diverse with a culture underpinned by openness, collaboration and a shared desire for future success.
Audit reform legislation has required the market to look for increased diversity and choice of firms; and our financial services practice has been a key beneficiary of this. We are now seen in the market as one of the foremost financial services audit and assurance practice and this is demonstrated by the significant number of mandates transitioned to date and upcoming new engagements.
We wish to appoint a Qualified Audit Senior in our Audit & Assurance Financial Services Department. The position will offer you excellent advancement opportunities working with a diverse range of high-profile financial institutions with a particular focus on banking. You will work closely with our international colleagues on cross border assignments and build close working relationships with the senior management team and partners. You will play an active role in the ongoing development of our financial services division.
- Responsibility for a portfolio of financial services audit clients
- Work closely with the senior management team in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Planning of audit assignments, transition from previous auditors and onboarding of new clients, design and implementation of audit strategy, staffing
- Co-ordination/lead of the execution of the strategy at the audit fieldwork stage ensuring efficient and high-quality delivery of audit services
- Compliance with the Mazars audit methodology, with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Work to deadlines and within budgets
- Advising on financial reporting and other technical report matters
- Involvement in firm / department development and marketing and recruitment initiatives
- Contribution to learning & development and coaching of other less experienced staff
- Participation in the delivery of internal training courses
- Qualified accountant with banking audit experience in a Big 4/Top 10 practice environment
- Experience working on large group assignments
- Technical proficiency in IFRS
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of operational supervision of assignments and managing of client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and project management capabilities
- Ability to provide guidance and feedback to others
Please email your CV to email@example.com with the reference number 19-9 in the subject heading.
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Recruitment Agents: We do not accept unsolicited CVs. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.