Actuarial Senior Manager (Non-Life) - Dublin
Reference number 19-51
This individual, with support, will be the lead the Non-Life Actuarial practice, responsible for service and delivery of the actuarial aspects of audit and assurance engagements and the continued development of the advisory practice in Ireland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of the business including, but not limited to:
- Service and delivery of the actuarial aspects for the insurance portfolio;
- Support of the wider insurance team in their interaction within the insurance sector;
- Key role in the further development of the firms’ actuarial methodologies and approach;
- Interaction with international actuarial colleagues and clients;
- Development of the non-life actuarial team in Ireland;
- In collaboration with the in-house life actuarial and valuation experts teams explore and develop the application of techniques and models in a wider sectoral field; and
- Representative of the firm at insurance and business development events.
This is an exciting role offering the right candidate an opportunity to develop their career to a level where they are recognised as a leading professional within the sector in Ireland. Reporting to the Head of Function in Ireland, the successful candidate will play a key role in the next stage of the expansion of Mazars Financial Services business in Ireland (and Europe). We see this appointment as an opportunity to further develop a strong distinctive voice in the Irish marketplace, with strong links internationally and an ability to serve global insurance groups. This role will see the successful candidate work closely with a team of partners and senior management within Mazars locally, and as a part of a peer team based primarily in Europe.
- Qualified actuary with 4 – 7 years PQE and extensive experience within the general insurance sector;
- Prior experience as a Senior Actuary or Senior Actuarial Consultant;
- Extensive experience within the core actuarial disciplines of reserving, pricing or capital modelling;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the current regulatory environment, including those significant challenges impacting the sector including Solvency II and IFRS 17 etc;
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills;
- Proven ability in project managing engagements and excellence organisational skills;
- Ability to deliver results within a pressurised environment;
- Excellent communicator and influencer;
- Desire to develop the firms’ advisory practice through business development initiatives; and
- Strong entrepreneurial instinct excited by the challenge of developing a new business opportunity.
Terms & Conditions
The position is one of Senior Manager initially with the possibility of progression for the right candidate to Director and ultimately towards a Partner role.
A competitive salary is on offer which includes a performance-based bonus.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number 19-51
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of