Following the recent passing of the Gender Pay Gap Information Act, 2021, mandatory gender pay gap (GPG) reporting is now in force for all public and private sector organisations with 250 or more employees. It will be extended to include organisations with 50 or more in time.
In association with MKC Communications, one of Ireland’s leading communication agencies, Mazars held a webinar on Getting ready for gender pay reporting in Ireland on Thursday, 16th of September. The gender pay gap reporting model proposed in Ireland is similar to that in the UK. The UK experience has shown that many organisations found both the calculation of their GPG and its’ subsequent communication to be complex and difficult.
Julie Hutton, Head of Operations, Irish Centre for Diversity, will moderate the event, and our first presenter, Dera McLoughlin, Partner in Mazars, outlined:
- Your obligations under gender pay gap legislation
- The calculation of the GPG and the pitfalls to avoid in doing so
- How to effectively use payroll and HR data
- How to create a plan to address any gaps identified
Reporting a material gender pay gap can impact an organisation's reputation externally and internally. Our second presenter, David Kinch, from MKC Communications, provided practical guidance around:
- Developing an internal and external communications plan - opportunities and threats
- The core audiences to be communicated with and why
- How to engage internal and external audiences tangibly in the short term to add value in the medium to longer-term
This presentation does not constitute professional accounting, tax, legal or any other professional advice. No liability is accepted by Mazars for any action taken or not taken in reliance on the information set out in this presentation. Professional accounting, tax, legal or any other relevant professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the contents of this presentation.
We have insights into developments that affect your business. We can provide you with unique perspectives and thoughtful solutions so you can meet new challenges and seize opportunities.