Depending on your company’s type, you must have a minimum of either one or two directors. In addition, at least one of your company’s directors must reside within the European Economic Area. The only exemption from this EEA requirement is if your company holds an appropriate insurance bond or has a “continuous-link” certificate from the Companies Registration Office.
Assuming the position of director of an Irish company is a serious undertaking. Directors are subject to onerous duties and responsibilities and there are sanctions should you fail to fulfil your obligations. Mazars can advise your directors on how to discharge these duties and responsibilities so as to reduce their personal exposure to risk.
Services we provide for our clients include:
- Advice on the EEA resident director requirement and exemptions available (Bond and Real and Continuous Link Certificate)
- The appointment, resignation and removal of directors
- Advice on directors’ duties and responsibilities
- Advice on the obligations regarding the disclosure of directors’ interests
- Advice on indemnities for directors
- Advice regarding restrictions on the number of directorships that may be held by directors
- Advice on restriction and disqualification of directors
For further information and to discuss your specific requirements, please contact a member of our team.