Date: 23rd February 2017
Location: Westbury Hotel Dublin
The EU Audit Reforms have been in effect in Ireland and the UK since the 17th of June 2016. Directors in Ireland need to be cognisant of this legislation, as it has significant implications for how companies will select, structure and manage their professional advisor relationships.
The legislation aims to rebuild confidence in the financial statements of European companies - notably Public Interest Entities (PIEs) - by reinforcing governance, auditor competence and audit quality, as well as by increasing the independence of the key stakeholders involved in the audit process.
Mark Kennedy will review the impact of the Regulations, eight months after the commencement of the Regulations, with a particular focus on the aspects relevant to Directors and Audit Committees.
Areas to be covered
- Background to the S.I. No. 312/2016 – European Union (Statutory Audits) Regulations 2016
- Implementing the Regulations – key issues
- Requirements for Audit Committees
- Safeguarding the independence of the Auditor
- Taking a practical approach – lessons learned since June 2016
For more information and to register for the event go to iodireland.ie